Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Rainy Days


Today is one of those days, also part of one of those WEEKS of rain...it just keeps coming! I love it though. It's refreshing, and relaxing. The only down-side for us, is that we have to keep our new bikes inside until the roads clear up. There are stones and streams running through and over all the roads, so it's not good for riding at all.


I am taking advantage of this quiet time to do some things I NEVER do.

1) I'm reading the first book I've read in.....a LONG LONG time (and that's an understatement). I have to admit, that's not because I never have time, it's just because I rarely motivate myself to read. I am reading a book called "Too Small to Ignore" by Dr. Wess Stafford, CEO. of Compassion International. I just started it, but it looks like a great book. My mom and I both sponsor children through Compassion, so I'm hoping this book will make the reality of what my sponsored child, Billy, lives with on a daily basis, a reality to me as well.


2) I'm going to post pictures today!!! We'll see how this goes. But I'm going to try adding at least some, to make things more interesting.


I also wanted to mention, that my diet and exercise routine is finally off the ground, at the same time! Usually it's just the exercise, and not the diet, but I'm on day 2 of doing both, and I've already lost about 3 pounds! If I can make it past tonight, I'll know I'm on a roll (night-time snacking is my biggest weakness!).


I'm going to talk less this time, so I have time to work on pictures....ENJOY!! :)
(PICTURE ABOVE: My mom and I on Valentines Day (my 25th birthday)

2 comments:

Granny Kate said...

I used to wonder if, considering the date of your birthday, you'd ever get sick of red and pink. But that picture looks great.

Elizabeth said...

Cathy,

Yes, sometimes I do get sick of the pink and red. But, on the other hand, we wouldn't have it if I didn't want it. It's sort of part of my birthday "identity" so I think it wouldn't feel exactly like my birthday if it wasn't pink and red. One thing is for sure though. It is a great way to cheer up Valentines Day, when it comes around and I am still single, because no matter what, I still get attention, presents, and CAKE! :)