Wednesday, October 7, 2009

"Show me Your Ways, O Lord; Teach me Your paths. Lead me in Your truth and teach me, For You are the God of my salvation; On You I wait all the day"

Psalm 25:4-5.

This was part of my scripture reading this morning. I did something I love to do but do rarely. I woke up a little after 5am! I was in bed quite early. There is something about getting up early that is special. It's also hard but, it always seems worth it.

I chose this scripture because it depicts my life so much, right now. Isn't this what we all want, as Christians? For God to reveal his Ways to us. To walk with Him and hear His voice? To let him teach us and to wait on Him ALL day.

I find that in the most hectic times of my life, my prayers don't really have "Amens"...they are more continuous conversations and cries to God. I think maybe that's what is meant by "Wait on Him All day"

In the past few weeks, my life has changed A LOT. I received a new music director position at a church in Waynesburg, PA. On Sunday, I said goodbye to my church that has become family to me. Nothing could have prepared me for how hard this was going to be!

On top of that, relationships have ended and new ones have begun, in many areas of my life. I also see people that I care about sick and/or hurting. It can seem overwhelming, at times. What is your purpose in all of this, God?

But, I've been dwelling on the purpose of all these changes. I find God moving me out of my comfort zone....hmm, I seem to vaguely remember praying for something along those lines.....be CAREFUL what you pray for!!!!

But, God is good. Today, I encourage each of us to be like the Psalmist. I hope and pray that the desire of each of our hearts is to pray "Lead me in Your truth and teach me".

Last night I watched a t.v. show that I've never seen before, about the lives of modern-day teens and sex and pregnancy. I wasn't surprised but the more I watched, the more I realized how sad our future generation's lives are. We have a calling as Christians, like never before, to stand up in our faith. Kids need to know that God is more than religion. He is living, He reigns, and we cannot follow Him if we follow the world.

That is my hope and prayer for today. That God will see past my weaknesses, ...NO. That God will SEE my weaknesses, and work through them to show His strength to others. I am weak but He is strong. All we need is a heart that desires to follow God and He will help with the rest.

Please be praying for me as I enter into a new position of worship leading. Something at the core of who I am believes that this position is going to be an opportunity to share my faith in ways I've always wanted, but never experienced. But please pray for me to develop a connection with this church that is healthy, deep, in spiritually satisfying. Also, please pray for my home-church Duff St. as they seek God's will in many areas--financial, musical, spiritual. Pray for the continued friendship with the people I met there who have truly changed my life!!

I'll leave with one of my favorite scriptures....if I need a reason to practice more, here it is:

"Sing to Him a new song; Play skillfully with a shout of joy"

God Bless!!


No comments: