Saturday, February 9, 2008

God Blesses Rest

It has been a couple of months (already!) since I last blogged...I apologize to those of you who care enough to visit my page and kept finding nothing new. My life has been truly crazy busy for a long while now. However, instead of telling you about all my business, I want to focus on now....Today is officially my first day free from my temp. job!! I cannot describe the relief I feel...and joy. It is a good feeling to know you did your best at a job (even if it wasn't your "favorite" job) and then to have the feeling of accomplishment of knowing it's finished. Now I feel like my days are so much more free!

Today we are going to have a really fun studio/surprise birthday party for our piano teacher, Dr. Amstutz at my friend Donnie's house. He has the most beautiful grand-piano. It is a one-of-a-kind Chickering that he himself was taught how to re-build from the ground up (or should I say from the strings-up). I am looking forward to a guilt-free day of cooking, playing piano, and enjoying time with my friends. It also feels good to do something nice for our teacher, after all he has done for us. If it wasn't for Dr. Amstutz, I'm not sure I would still be pursuing music degrees. He has really made music a joy for me...not to under-estimate the power of God at all..but I truly feel God has sent me Dr. Amstutz as a gift and it has been a great blessing!!

So, what now? Now I go back to my teaching routine next week, which I can honestly say I miss. I miss my students and I miss hearing THEIR stories..as my teacher gets his fair share of mine, it's good for me to be a listener too :)

I also go back to some accompanying, more time to prepare for my church position, and yes, much more time to practice. In 3 weeks I have an audition scheduled at the University of North Texas in Denton, TX. Would you please pray for me? I'm actually not 100% sure I want to go to TX. It will cost a lot of money and I'm just not sure I feel a leading to move there. But, I don't feel ready to throw in the towel yet. I have to admit, there is a big temptation here: If I don't go to TX, as of today I am FINALLY free to start learning new music!! That is the temptation to drop out of the audition...but I would also love to see TX for the first time in my life and see this amazing school (it is the largest music school in the US with I believe about 5 music buildings...each about the size of Carnegie Hall!!).

I must go now...time for breakfast...it just feels so good to be "human" again :) Thank you all for your love and prayers and support!! I hope with my new-found time, I will be in touch with all of you a lot more often! God bless!!

2 comments:

Cosette said...

Liz---I was so happy to see a new post from you!! I will be praying about the texas audition. By the way, I tagged you on my blog! Another excuse for you to do a new post :) Go check it out.

Kristin said...

Hi Liz....its Kristin, Jaime's sister. I was at her house today when she called you and I heard it was your birthday! So happy birthday :-) Hope you had an awesome day!