Sunday, March 23, 2008

Babies and Easter

Happy Easter! I hope you have enjoyed your Easter Sunday. I spent by Easter Sunday at church, followed by a wonderful ham dinner and dessert (Thanks Jaime for the recipe...it was great!! :)....although we had to use frozen strawberries because the raspberries got moldy :(..it was still really good! Then, after doing the dishes to make my mom happy and give her a break, I had a loooooong nap!! I know I always take long weekend naps, but this was long, even for me!! Around a quarter after 4pm I layed down on my bed with my cat and it wasn't until around 8:15pm that my mom came in the room and asked if I was sick!! Haha, nope, I'm just fine. But I'm going to be up for quite a while now!!

I also have some very exciting news for those of you who have been keeping up on my family news. My cousin Cathy gave birth yesterday evening (they live in Canada) to baby #10!!! His name is Samuel Thomas Newton. I can't wait to see pictures! I think it is so sweet how all of the kids were at home waiting anxiously to see their new baby brother. My mom immediately got texted from Sarah Newton and one of the boys that their little brother had arrived at 7 lb and 3 oz. If you would like to see pictures of my new little cousin, you can visit Cathy's blogspot at the address below.

www.ofgreatprice.blogspot.com

Happy Easter again and God Bless!

5 comments:

Sharon said...

Hello there Elizabeth.

This is your MOM in the other room on her lap top! No! I am not playing super collapse and trying to make sure you can't beat my high score.

Just wanted to let you know that I don't need breaks from you. You are a joy to have in the house.

Thanks for doing the dishes and cleaning up after our wonderfully delicious dinner today after church. Your salad and dessert were a really yummy compliment to the rest of the meal. You are becoming quite the cook.

Now go practice!!!!


Love you bunches,
MOM

Unknown said...

Hi there,

I forgot you said you have this page! I really like it!

That's wonderful news about Cathy's baby. It's amazing how she could have ten children. I know that was God's will for her. But wow.

Well, keep in touch. Take care and God bless!


Your Cousin,

Jennifer (Jenny)

Granny Kate said...

Jenny, ever since I was a little girl I have wanted a big family. God has really blessed us. The only thing I wish was different is that we would be able to see all the family more often. At Grandma's funeral, for instance, there were too many faces I did not recognize, people I am related to, but I had no idea who they were.

Unknown said...

Cathy, I'm sorry, my blog may have come across wrong. I think it's wonderful you have been blessed with many children. I admire you for your strength, not just physical, but of character and righteousness and faith and that's really what the "wow" was for. I understand how it must be difficult not seeing extended family as much. You have good reason though, it takes a lot to raise a family. You know how the Lord says that if we are responsible with little then He will entrust us with much. You are one of those people who have been faithful and are blessed with much. :-) I think that's awesome. By the way, Samuel is adorable!

Granny Kate said...

Jennifer, I wasn't taking offense:) I get a lot of "oh wow" from people, and I just don't think I'm that special. But God IS good, and he has blessed us a lot.