Friday, March 7, 2008

NEW MUSIC!!!

I am so very VERY happy to announce that today I chose new piano music!! I have (as of today anyway) decided on 2 Prelude and Fugues by J.S. Bach, both from the 2nd volume of the WTC (Eb Major and D# Minor). I also chose Chopin's 1st Ballade and a Haydn Sonata in Ab Major. I have started fingering the Eb Bach Prelude so far.

It's so refreshing to hear something new!! Also reassuring to know that I haven't turned into a "circus pianist" who can only play the last 3 pieces I was playing forever.

In other news, I finally have ALL my piano students started for the semester...now that it is already March! It has been a slow starting semester between my audition schedule, working at the office (thank goodness that's all over with!) and living at home (which has limited my availabilities for teaching days). The best part of my new schedule is I can devote more time to not only my music but my church job as well. Tomorrow, for example, I am going to help out at the church by playing for someone's funeral. I have worked at this church for almost 2 years and it's the first funeral I've played for there! Also, I have much more time to plan ahead for the choir and be involved in more church activities, which has been something I've wanted to do for a long time now.

I'll leave this post short seeing how my last several have all been novels. On an ending note, if you haven't seen the movie "Secondhand Lions" you need to see it! It's a good movie about a kid and his two uncles. Kind of an older movie, but good.

1 comment:

Cosette said...

I remember how exciting that is---to start new music! Have fun :) Also, can't wait to hear how the Texas audition turns out.